The beast player / Nahoko Uehashi ; illustrations by Yuta Onoda ; translated by Cathy Hirano.
- 3 of 3 copies available at Lehigh Valley Library System.
- 2 of 2 copies available at Bethlehem Area Public Library System. (Show preferred library)
0 current holds with 3 total copies.
View other formats and editions
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Bethlehem Main Library||YA (Text)||33062009339087||YA Fiction||Available||-|
|Bethlehem Main Library||YPBK (Text)||33062009344616||YA Paperback||Available||-|
|Allentown Public Library||YA UEHASHI, NAHOKO (Text)||34455006571083||YA Fiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781250307460 (hardcover)
- ISBN: 1250307465 (hardcover)
- Physical Description: 344 pages : illustrations, genealogical table ; 24 cm
- Edition: First American hardcover edition.
- Publisher: New York : Godwinbooks/Henry Holt and Company, 
- Copyright: ©2018
"First published in English by Pushkin Press, 2018."
Nahoko Uehashi's The Beast Player is an epic YA fantasy about a girl with a special power to communicate with magical beasts and the warring kingdom only she can save.
Erin's family cares for the fearsome water serpents that form the core of their kingdom's army. When some of the beasts mysteriously die, Elin's mother is sentenced to death as punishment. With her last breath she manages to send her daughter to safety. Alone, far from home, Elin discovers that she can talk to both the terrifying water serpents and the majestic flying beasts that guard her queen. This skill involves her in deadly plots that could cost her life. Can she save herself and prevent her beloved beasts from being used as tools of war?
Translated from the Japanese.
Michael L. Printz Honor Book, 2020.
Search for related items by subject
|Genre:||Young adult fiction.