In order to live : a North Korean girl's journey ... Read More
- 2 of 2 copies available at Bethlehem Area Public Library System.
- 4 of 4 copies available at Lehigh Valley Library System. (Show)
0 current holds with 4 total copies.
- ISBN: 9781410483386 (hardcover : large print)
- ISBN: 141048338X (hardcover : large print)
- Physical Description: 417 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Edition: Large print edition.
- Publisher: Waterville, Maine : Thorndike Press, a part of Gale, Cengage Learning, 2015.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Prologue -- PART ONE NORTH KOREA: Even the birds ... Read More
"'I am most grateful for two things: that I was ... Read More
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Park, Yeonmi, 1993-
Women > Biography.
Human rights workers.
Large type books.
Korea (North) > Biography.
Korea (South) > Biography.
Summary: "'I am most grateful for two things: that I was born in North Korea, and that I escaped from North Korea.' Yeonmi Park was not dreaming of freedom when she escaped from North Korea. She didn't even know what it meant to be free. All she knew was that she was running for her life, that if she and her family stayed behind they would die--from starvation, or disease, or even execution. This book is the story of Park's struggle to survive in the darkest, most repressive country on Earth; her harrowing escape through China's underworld of smugglers and human traffickers; and then her escape from China across the Gobi desert to Mongolia, with only the stars to guide her way, and from there to South Korea and at last to freedom; and finally her emergence as a leading human rights activist--all before her 21st birthday"--From Penguin Random House website.