She come by it natural : Dolly Parton and the women who lived her songs / Sarah Smarsh.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Bethlehem Area Public Library System.
- 2 of 2 copies available at Lehigh Valley Library System. (Show)
0 current holds with 2 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Bethlehem Main Library||782.421 (Text)||33062009350381||New Adult Non-Fiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781982157289
- ISBN: 1982157283
- Physical Description: xvi, 187 pages ; 19 cm
- Edition: First Scribner hardcover edition.
- Publisher: New York : Scribner, 2020.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Part one. Dolly Parton embodies the working woman's fight -- Part two. Dolly Parton masters the art of leaving -- Part three. Dolly Parton becomes the boss -- Part four. Dolly Parton cements her icon status.
Explores how the music of Dolly Parton and other prominent women country artists has both reflected and validated the harsh realities of rural working-class American women.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Parton, Dolly > Criticism and interpretation.
Country music > History and criticism.
Women in music.
|Genre:||Music criticism and reviews.