Displacement / Kiku Hughes.
- 1 of 2 copies available at Lehigh Valley Library System.
- 0 of 1 copy available at Bethlehem Area Public Library System. (Show preferred library)
0 current holds with 2 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Bethlehem Main Library||741.5 (Text)||33062009330151||YA Graphic||Checked Out||07/02/2021|
|Allentown Public Library||YA HUGHES, KIKU (Text)||34455006715862||YA Graphic||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781250193544 (hardcover)
- ISBN: 1250193540 (hardcover)
- ISBN: 9781250193537
- ISBN: 1250193532
- Physical Description: 274 pages : color illustrations ; 22 cm
- Edition: First edition.
- Publisher: New York : First Second, 2020.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references.
"Kiku is on vacation in San Francisco when suddenly she finds herself displaced to the 1940s Japanese-American internment camp that her late grandmother, Ernestina, was forcibly relocated to during World War II. These displacements keep occurring until Kiku finds herself stuck back in time. Living alongside her young grandmother and other Japanese-American citizens in internment camps, Kiku gets the education she never received in history class. She witnesses the lives of Japanese-Americans who were denied their civil liberties and suffered greatly, but managed to cultivate community and commit acts of resistance in order to survive."-- Publisher marketing.
Search for related items by subject
Social issue comics.