The Black Flamingo / Dean Atta
- 1 of 1 copy available at Bethlehem Area Public Library System.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Lehigh Valley Library System. (Show)
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Bethlehem Main Library||YA (Text)||33062009322729||New YA Fiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780062990297 (hardcover)
- ISBN: 0062990292 (hardcover)
- Physical Description: 403 pages ; 22 cm
- Edition: First U.S. edition.
- Publisher: New York, New York : Balzar + Bray, an imprint of HarpercollinsPublishers 
- Copyright: ©2019
"Originally published in Great Britain in 2019 by Hodder and Stoughton"--Title page verso.
"Michael is a mixed-race gay teen growing up in London. All his life, he's navigated what it means to be Greek-Cypriot and Jamaican-but never quite feeling Greek or Black enough. As he gets older, Michael's coming out is only the start of learning who he is and where he fits in. When he discovers the Drag Society, he finally finds where he belongs-and the Black Flamingo is born. Told with raw honesty, insight, and lyricism, this debut explores the layers of identity that make us who we are-and allow us to shine"--FantasticFiction.com.
Stonewall Book Award, 2020.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Gay teenagers > Fiction.
Racially mixed people > Fiction.
Gay men > Identity > Fiction.
London (England) > Fiction.
|Genre:||Novels in verse.
Young adult fiction.